Busy, Busy!
Ok, so I've been missing for a long time, I'll admit that! But I have to tell you, things have been busy and Madison has done so much, I can hardly believe that tomorrow she'll be seven weeks old!
Seven weeks! Wow! Seven weeks ago, a beautiful daughter was placed in my arms and I have to say, I never want to let her go! She can now smile and giggle and it is the most wonderful sound in the world. She knows how to work a room with that smile and by mere coincidence or not, seems to have a great sense of humor laughing at all the right moments! Would you like an example? (If you have a squeamish stomach over poop stories, now would be the time to scroll ahead...)
Last Thursday, Madison and I are sitting on the couch and I am feeding her while watching Martha Stewart (jail or no jail, that woman can craft and cook, I could care less about her money misdealings!) when out of no where she looks at me with a twinkle in her eye and lets one rip. Moments later her diaper is full and at the point that it will leak out the sides if I don't change her quickly. I head into Madison's room to change her with Theodora (my best friend's two year old that Ashley babysits) follows behind, as she loves to be my helper with the baby. Theodora hands me a diaper and declares "DIAPER!" and then a wad of baby wipes "WIPE!" and the diaper adventure begins. I pull of stinky diaper number one and clean her little tush. I have now put diaper #2 under her bottom and am making "the final inspection" before sealing the clean diaper when out of nowhere she toots and poop flies across the changing table in a rocket-like fashion. I start to laugh a little and Theodora looks at me a bit worried "wipe?" she asks while handing me another wad of wipes. I call out for Ashley to come and help since I can't place Madison's butt down in the poop on the table to get the needed "tools". Ashley comes in and starts to laugh at the scene, she gets some paper towels to put under Madison so I can put diaper #3 on her and get everything cleaned up. We are laughing at the situation when Madison gets red in the face, grunts loudly and shoots a clear line of poop towards Ashley and a bewildered 2 year old. Ashley jumps back and pulls Theodora to safety. The crib, blankets on hanging on the crib and Madison's clothes weren't so lucky. Ashley and I are laughing so hard now that we are crying. I regain some composure before the poop machine can attack again and Theodora looks at me and hands me yet another diaper and whispers "diaper..." as though she doesn't really believe that this is the end of this. No sooner does she say that, that Madison lets out a giggle and continues to smile and giggle while I strip her down and place her in her crib to clean up all the poop covered casualties.
Who knew that much poop could come out of someone so small?!?
Here are some pictures to enjoy in the meantime!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home